Varicose veins are a disease of a modern urban person. Almost every second inhabitant of our planet faces this problem, and most women suffer from varicose veins. If you don't postpone treatment for varicose veins until later, you can say "Bye! " Forever! ugly asterisks, bruises and seals on the legs. In addition, it is worth remembering that varicose veins are not only a cosmetic defect, but also a violation of blood circulation, which means that it is a major threat to health.
Disease prevention methods
Any doctor will tell you that it is better to prevent the onset of the disease than to cure it later. If you follow simple but effective preventive rules, varicose veins will not be scary.
- An active lifestyle is the most important. The stagnation of blood in the extremities occurs due to a sedentary lifestyle. If a person spends the whole day at the office or driving a car, then, several times a day, it is necessary to take a 15-minute break to recharge.
- Weight control - being overweight is often the cause of spider veins and varicose veins in the legs. And that is understandable. After all, the entire load falls on the legs.
- In order to know nothing about varicose veins and removal of veins, one must avoid heavy and constant physical work and static charges (varicose veins are a disease of salespeople and hairdressers who stand up all day).
- The right shoes. The constant wearing of high heels (more than 6 cm) leads to problems in the blood vessels in the legs. Leave the nails for a short-term appearance. For working days, it is preferable to choose comfortable and suitable shoes.
- Monitoring the use of hormonal contraceptives. The lack of this control usually leads to problems with blood flow and vessels.
Conservative treatment of varicose veins
- Take medicines for phlebotonics.
The course usually takes a long time, sometimes 2 to 3 months. The doctor may prescribe several courses intermittently per year. Medicines not only help to restore already sick vessels, but also to prevent damage to others.
- Compression stockings are an integral part of the treatment of varicose veins, even after vein removal surgery.
Some patients prefer elastic bandages to specialized underwear, but need to learn how to deal with them. Incorrect overlapping can lead to the interruption of the treatment process. Only a doctor selects compression stockings. This is due to the fact that tights, tights and stockings have different classes of compression. For example, the 1st class is used for prevention, the 2nd - with visible symptoms, the 3rd - with a complicated course of the disease. It is important to reiterate that venous surgery does not exclude the use of a specialized shirt.
Treatment methods and venous surgery
If preventive measures do not help and varicose veins appear, however, with them pain, discomfort and aesthetic defects, you cannot do without consulting a phlebologist. After a thorough examination and discussion, the doctor will choose one of the treatment methods that suits the situation.
- Conservative method that involves the use of compression stockings, ointments, gels and preparations, in addition to special exercises.
This type of treatment is applicable in the early stages of the development of the disease for pregnant women and for people for whom surgery on the veins, that is, on the veins, is contraindicated for health reasons.
- Sclerotherapy is the second most traumatic method.
The procedure is performed on an outpatient basis. The doctor injects the patient with a fine needle into the affected vein with a sclerosing agent, a specialized drug that "sticks" to its walls. Thus, the diseased vein simply stops functioning and the blood follows a different path. The doctor gives several of these injections, sometimes under the supervision of an ultrasound machine.
- Laser coagulation is not a vein operation, but belongs to the office surgery sector, that is, all procedures are performed in a doctor's office, on an outpatient basis.
In fact, it is similar to the previous method, but it is executed, of course, by means of a laser. This option is suitable for the treatment of large vessels. The whole procedure takes a short time (about 40 minutes) and is done under local anesthesia. The doctor inserts an LED into the affected vessel and uses a laser to act on the vein. The procedure is also performed under the supervision of an ultrasound. In subsequent receptions, it is possible to use a sclerosing agent. After laser coagulation, it is also necessary to wear compression stockings.
- Venectomy is a real operation that involves removing the veins affected by the disease.
This method radically solves the problem. Due to the fact that medicine has advanced a lot and more and more often does not reach venectomy, doctors use this method less and less. The main surgical indications are: extensive vascular lesions, trophic ulcers, in addition to severe edema and thrombophlebitis. As venectomy is a real venous operation, it is performed exclusively in a hospital environment.
In addition, after discharge, it is necessary to wear compression stockings for a long time, sometimes for several years. Don't worry about removing the veins. After all, varicose veins are mainly susceptible to subcutaneous vessels, and through them blood flow is small (only 10%).
How is the vein removed?
In fact, the operation is not as scary as it may seem. The angiosurgeon's task is to remove the affected saphenous veins (large and small) and block blood flow in the communicating vessels. You can achieve the desired goal by various methods (Bebkokka, Narata). Only the attending physician decides on the method of the operation, depending on the severity of the course of the disease. There is not much blood loss during this procedure, as all the main blood flows through the veins located in the depths of the human body.
The procedure for treating varicose veins with an operative method takes no more than two hours.
Alternative treatment for varicose veins
Hirudotherapy (treatment with leeches) has long been used in medical practice in the treatment of varicose veins. In addition, it is important to note that this is a very effective method.
The most important and useful in this procedure is the leeches' saliva, or rather, the hirudin contained in it. This substance helps the venous blood to stop clotting quickly in the affected areas and, therefore, does not accumulate and does not form blood clots. The blood gets thinner.
With a well-executed procedure, you can get rid of varicose veins, leg pain, edema and visible cosmetic defects. Of course, in advanced cases, leeches will hardly help, here only the removal of the veins is relevant. But in the early stages, hirudotherapy is a way out.
This unusual method of treating varicose veins has several contraindications: anemia, hypotension, hemophilia. Pregnant women should also not use leeches for help.
Take special care of your health. Don't start the disease! And if you happen to be shown the operation on the veins, then do not be afraid, as modern methods and techniques of surgical intervention have advanced a lot and you will be able to return quickly to your normal rhythm of life.